Thursday, October 11, 2007

Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow (from Macbeth) - W. Shakespeare (Submitted by Amanda Garber)

Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day
To the last syllable of recorded time,
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hous upon the stage
And then is heard no more; it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

As Soon as Fred Gets Out of Bed - Jack Prelusky (Submitted by Steven Joao)

As soon as Fred gets out of bed,
his underwear goes on his head.
His mother laughs, "Don't put it there,
a head's no place for underwear!"
But near his ears, above his brains,
is where Fred's underwear remains.

At night when Fred goes back to bed,
he deftly plucks it off his head.
His mother switches off the light
and softly croons, "Good night! Good night!"
And then, for reasons no one knows,
Fred's underwear goes on his toes.

Procrastination - Chris Van Kleeck (Submitted by Chris Van Kleeck)

I had weeks to find a poem
Thinking it would take seconds, I put it off
Days came and went, the due date drew near
Finally, one period beforehand, I write in mild fear.

Written in five minutes in the time after a test
I fear my poem won't stand up to the rest
Creative Expression is mere seconds away, curse my hand
It drew seven from that patriotic jar.

I wanted twenty-two, but I'm stuck with this...
Oh, well. At least my ordeal is finished.

No comments: